Financial donations are also in need, you can give a donation by clicking on the DONATE NOW button. You will receive your receipt right away. If you prefer, you can also send a cheque payable to the Caldwell Family Centre to:
The Caldwell Family Centre
20-1100 Medford St.
Ottawa, ON K1Z 8L5
The families we serve are always in need of the following items. If you can help, please drop off the item between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday to Friday. If you have a large amount of donated items, give us a call and we will arrange for a volunteer driver to pick-up:
- Healthy Food – for many of our families the Caldwell food bank provides up to 80% of their diet, so we want to make sure that 80% is healthy food. Dry pasta and sauce (please no prepackaged pasta dinners); whole grain cereal; canned fish and meat; rice; peanut butter are all needed.
- Pet Food – pets bring lots of meaning to people who live alone as well as families with kids – they are a member of the family. We mostly need food for cats and dogs.
- Baby Needs – our Baby Depot & Toy Library needs size 5 & 6 diapers and pull-ups and gently used baby toys for 0-12 months.
- Clothing – we always need good, used (or new) clothing for men, women and children; especially warm clothing for winter, including waterproof mittens and winter boots. The Depot also needs household items, such as dishes, pot and pans, cutlery, sheets and towels for new families moving into the area.
- Chromebook Campaign – One Chromebook, which would go a long way towards leveling the playing field for at risk students to have access to the essential technological tools to be successful in school. Visit our donation page to contribute.
Stews and Chili
Whole grain cereal
Canned fish and meat
Canned Vegetables & Fruit
Snacks (Think Nutritious)
Baby Layettes – new
Knit wear for newborns
Fabric Infant Carriers (to be worn)
New or gently used baby clothes
Baby board books (0-18 months)
Soft vinyl baby bath books
Baby bath toys
Big knob wood puzzles
No car seats or cribs – thank you
Educational Games Software for kids grades 1 to 6
Waterproof mitts (kids 6 to 12)
Sewing supplies: fabric, zippers, buttons, pins, needles, measuring tape, cutting boards, fabric scissors
Shoes and boots
General household items
If you are interested in becoming part of the friendly, fun-loving team at the Caldwell Family Centre, we want to hear from you. There are many benefits of volunteering at Family Centre, besides knowing that you will be making a difference in the lives of people in the community.
If you are a student, or are currently looking for employment, you will:
- gain workplace experience, enhancing your job prospects
- demonstrate motivation, commitment, empathy and a desire to help others; all valuable assets many employers consider when making a hiring decision
- increase personal and profession connections through networking
- experience working in a team environment, which many employers consider an asset
- learn new skills, while keeping your existing skills sharp
- be able to account for any gaps in your resume employment history by listing your volunteer position
- explore new career paths that you may not have known existed
- improve your confidence and self-esteem, helping you make a smooth transition when you find paid employment
- gain current references
If you are a retiree, your experience and knowledge would be an treasured asset to the Family Centre. Benefits to you include:
- making new friends
- keeping in-touch with a work environment
- setting your own time-table