Message from Yolaine Münter, M.A. B.Ed. Chair, Caldwell Family Centre Board of Directors
This will be another very busy year for all the members of the Caldwell Family Centre and for the Board of Directors. As well as the regular duties of the Board including updating the Centre’s By-laws and policies, keeping an eye on our financial health, staying involved in fundraising and making sure CFC continues to live up to its mission, we have been carefully and persistently planning for the future of the Caldwell Community.
- It will come as no surprise that the needs of the children, youth, parents and seniors of the Caldwell area have been steadily increasing through the years;
- It will come as no surprise that more and more programs are needed to improve the lives of the community and to help people help themselves;
- It will come as no surprise to anybody using the centre that we are bursting at the seams. Our waiting lists say it all – more space, partners and resources are essential.
Therefore, what does the community need?
- We need more partnering with sister agencies to provide the needed programs for the community and to ensure there is no duplication of services;
- We (CFC and its sister agencies) need space to provide the needed programs in one place and the space to build and develop social enterprises. Social enterprises will help to make the building sustainable, and make us all less dependant on grants and the traditional social funding.
We need a Caldwell Community and Social Enterprise HUB
The Centre was founded by an optimistic, positive, determined, very special woman: Sister Thelma Marion. She saw challenges as opportunities who would in time transform themselves in successes for our community. It didn’t matter how difficult the task was. She saw a need, founded the centre and made things happen. We intend to follow this example.
Your help, including donations will make it all possible. A challenge can be an opportunity for success. Forty years ago Sr. Thelma saw the truth in this old adage. And so do we. We will continue, with your help, to do our best for the Caldwell community and its residents, one step and one day at a time.