Notice: As of November 15, 2021 all volunteers working onsite at the Caldwell Family Centre are required to have two doses of a Health Canada or World Health Organization recognized COVID-19 vaccine.
The Caldwell Family Centre is currently seeking a qualified volunteer to assume the role of Governance leader on the Board of Directors. The ideal candidate will share the organization’s mission, vision and values, and have the skill set, expertise, and experience necessary to help guide the organization to continued success. For a full list of the duties and responsibilities click here.
If you are interested in becoming part of the friendly, fun-loving team at the Caldwell Family Centre, we want to hear from you. There are many benefits of volunteering at Family Centre, besides knowing that you will be making a difference in the lives of people in the community. Please call Angela Lanza at 613-728-1800 extension 332, or email HumanResources@CaldwellCentre.ca.
If you are a student, or are currently looking for employment, you will:
- gain workplace experience, enhancing your job prospects
- demonstrate motivation, commitment, empathy and a desire to help others; all valuable assets many employers consider when making a hiring decision
- increase personal and profession connections through networking
- experience working in a team environment, which many employers consider an asset
- learn new skills, while keeping your existing skills sharp
- be able to account for any gaps in your resume employment history by listing your volunteer position
- explore new career paths that you may not have known existed
- improve your confidence and self-esteem, helping you make a smooth transition when you find paid employment
- gain current references
If you are a retiree, your experience and knowledge would be a treasured asset to the Family Centre. Benefits to you include:
- making new friends
- keeping in-touch with a work environment
- setting your own time-table
If you are a newcomer, we would cherish your background and experience as we get to know you. Benefits to you include:
- making new friends
- learning new skills
- improving your connections to the community
- gaining Canadian work experience